Thursday, November 6, 2008

My start in the craft world.

I started off my crafting business in 2006 making handbags, diaper bags, and catalog bags (Thanks to my crafty friends Kay and Vicki). My first website was/is www.sewcutebags.com. I decided that I needed to learn to make bows for embellishments for my bags, and since the only bows I've ever been able to make were the ones on my shoes I figured I better start with some instructions.
Well... I was HOOKED! It was only days before I realized I could make my daughters hairbows. I got so obsessed with bows, I have had to cut back on making bags. I still make bags for friends and family, but don't have them listed on my Sew Cute Bags site anymore.
After about a month of making bows, someone asked for some help with a certain technique. I took some pictures, and started explaining how to do it, and before I knew it I had my first official ebook on bows.
So that's how it all began... stay tuned for the "real" meaning behind the name No Bow... No Go! on the next edition of my Devon's Blog... hehehehe... I'm practicing for my appearance on The Martha Stewart Show... or maybe the local news... or maybe just the bathroom mirror if no one else will have me ;oD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Devon, I'm so glad that we started making bags and you have gone so far with it, and that it has lead you in the bow making path. I wish you all the best and hope you make it BIG! Love ya, Vicki